Mini Mavericks Training Format
Players will train two times per week beginning early August. The coaches will teach, encourage and nurture players to effectively develop technical ability, understanding, creativity and confidence while training and playing in the Mini Mavericks program
Practices will mostly be held in station style group training. Simply put, each training session will consist of a number of stations that vary in theme, i.e. dribbling, passing, finishing. Groups will rotate through each different station in order to experience all activities and coaches. The groups will be organized by skill level in order to keep the training environment challenging for all involved.
The Advantages of Group Training
- Player development at the youngest ages is very fluid due to different rates of physical and mental maturation amongst kids. The group training system rewards players who continually work to improve their skill and understanding of the game throughout the season without limiting kids to one team.
- Players are placed in an environment that allows them to develop an awareness of what a Mavericks player is
- Age group training gives the players a chance to learn from, and measure themselves against, each other in the program.
- Group training allows Mavericks to build the future of the club.
- Group training allows to Mini Mavericks to engage with current and older Mavericks players through the young coaches program